If you're experiencing failed prints or a dirty resin vat, Vat Cleaning is here to help.
This quick and effective solution works by exposing the entire LCD to UV light, forming a layer of cured resin on the FEP film. This layer helps remove any leftover resin or debris that may have accumulated in the vat.
Once the cleaning process is complete, simply remove the cured resin layer and dispose of it properly. With a clean vat, you can expect high-quality prints every time.
To learn more about Vat Cleaning in Sonic Mega 8K, watch the instructional video:
- Fill the vat with resin.
- On the touch panel, tap TOOLS > VAT CLEANING.
- Fold a piece of paper in half, and place half of it in the corner of the vat
- Set the exposure time. Then tap NEXT and you will hear a beep sound when it’s completed
- A thin layer of resin should cure on the FEP film. Simply lift the other half of the paper and the cured piece of resin will come right off
- If there are any broken pieces left in the vat, pour out all of the resin and make sure there are no cured resin residue in the vat
- Put the cured resin on the tray and avoid dripping resin on the printer
Clean the Resin Vat
- Pour the remaining resin back into the bottle using the funnel provided in the toolbox
- Use a clean paper towel to wipe away any excess resin remaining in the vat
- If you see any cured resin residues, spray alcohol and wait for a while to soften it up
- After the resin is softened, use a plastic scraper to remove the remaining resin
- Repeat the above step until the entire vat has been thoroughly cleaned, including the edges.
- Reattach the resin vat onto the LCD 3D printer.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your resin vat is clean and ready for your next print.