If you're experiencing failed prints or a dirty resin vat, Vat Cleaning is here to help.
This quick and effective solution works by exposing the entire LCD to UV light, forming a layer of cured resin on the FEP film. This layer helps remove any leftover resin or debris that may have accumulated in the vat.
Once the cleaning process is complete, simply remove the cured resin layer and dispose of it properly. With a clean vat, you can expect high-quality prints every time.
To learn more about Vat Cleaning in Sonic Mega 8K, watch the instructional video:
1. Vat Cleaning
Start up preparation
- Fill the vat with resin.
- Fold a piece of paper in half.
- Place half of the folded paper in the corner of the vat
Accessing Tools on Touch Panel
- On the touch panel, tap TOOLS > VAT CLEANING.
Setting Exposure Time
- Set the exposure time as required.
- Tap NEXT, and a completion beep will signal when the process is finished.
Removing Cured Resin
- A thin layer of resin should cure on the FEP film.
- Lift the other half of the paper to easily detach the cured resin.
Check for any broken pieces left in the vat
- If present, pour out all resin and ensure no cured resin residue remains in the vat.
Handling Cured Resin:
- Place the cured resin on the tray.
- Avoid dripping resin on the printer to maintain cleanliness.
2. Clean the Resin Vat
Returning Resin to the Bottle
- Pour the remaining resin back into the bottle using the provided funnel from the toolbox.
Wiping Excess Resin
- Utilize a clean paper towel to wipe away any excess resin that might be lingering in the vat.
Dealing with Cured Resin Residues
- If there are cured resin residues, spray alcohol on them and allow some time for softening.
Scraping Off Resin
- Once the resin is softened, use a plastic scraper to remove any remaining residue.
- Repeat this step until the entire vat, including the edges, is thoroughly cleaned.
Reattaching the Resin Vat
- Reattach the cleaned resin vat securely onto the LCD 3D printer.
Following these steps ensures a meticulous cleanup process and the proper reattachment of the resin vat, maintaining the efficiency and longevity of your 3D printer.