The LCD screen is an essential component in resin 3D printing. It is responsible for generating an image of each layer while an LED array project light through it to cure the resin.
As the LCD screen is a consumable part, it may need to be replaced after a period of use. When the LCD screen becomes damaged or worn out, it can result in lower print quality or failed prints. Therefore, replacing the LCD screen is necessary to ensure the continued performance and accuracy of your 3D printer.
1. Removing the Old LCD
- Turn off the printer and remove the plastic cover, building plate, and resin vat.
- Carefully lay the printer down on a flat surface.
Opening the Bottom Case
- Loosen the 6 screws on the bottom case, and then open the case.
- Gently unplug the LED connector and remove the bottom case.
Touch Panel and LCD Removal
- Peel off the tape behind the touch panel.
- Open the cable clip and detach the LCD ribbon cable that connects to the mainboard.
- Remove old LCD.
2. Installing the New LCD
Preparing the New LCD
- Thread the LCD cable through the slot.
- Place the new LCD in position.
- Paste electrical tape around the edge of the new LCD.
Connecting the LCD
- Lay the printer down on a flat surface.
- Reattach the cable to the LCD's adapter board and tape the board in place.
- Reconnect the LED connector to the mainboard.
- Reinstall the bottom case.
Verify the functionality of new LCD
- Turn the printer upright
- Turn on the printer
- Perform LCD test to ensure that the LCD works properly
Please recalibrate your Z Axis after replacing the LCD Screen your printer.
Once you replace the LCD, if the issue still persists please reach out to our customer support team for further assistance. In the meantime, please also provide us with photos of both the LCD Cable Connection and the LCD test.
By following the above instructions, you can install a new LCD for your Sonic Mighty 4K. If any issues arise during the steps, reach out to Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for further assistance. When contacting Phrozen support, kindly send some photos or videos illustrating the issue.