Cleaning the resin vat is a very crucial and important aspect of 3D Printing as it will extend the lifespan of your Resin VAT, improve your printing quality, and avoid puncturing/damaging your release film (FEP/nFEP/ACF Film).
Please follow the guide below to clean your resin vat.
Before cleaning the resin vat, or the resin vat, make sure to wear gloves.
- Turn ON your printer.
- Go to TOOLS >> VAT CLEANING.
- Set the timer to 15 seconds. After the Operation is completed, you will hear a BEEP sound.
Fold a piece of paper in half, and place it in the corner of the vat. Let half of your paper dip into the resin, and the other half hang on the side of the vat.
- Gently lift the folded paper, and the cured resin shall come off along with it.
- Pour the excess resin from the VAT into an opaque bottle to avoid any sort of curing.
- After emptying the resin from the VAT, use a clean cloth/paper towel to wipe the VAT clean.
Remember to clean it thoroughly as cured resin on your resin vat may cause printing failure and damage to the LCD.
Spray some Alcohol on the release film and wipe it clean with a clean cloth or paper towels.
Do not soak your metal resin vat in liquid for an extended period of time since it can cause the paint on the resin vat to peel and the screw to rust.
After it’s dried completely, you can reinstall it into your 3D printer and get ready to print again!