Reflashing the firmware on an SD card can be a helpful solution when your device is experiencing issues such as freezing or failing to start up. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you will learn how to format and reflash your SD card with the latest firmware, which can restore your device's optimal performance and get it back up and running again.
To update your printer's firmware, please watch the instructional video below.
And follow these four steps:
- Download the firmware file
- Prepare your SD Card
- Format the SD Card
- Flash the SD Card
1. Download the firmware file
Download and extract the latest firmware from the website, and you will get the IMG file
- Visit the webpage - Firmware Downloads and Release Notes on Phrozen Help Center
- Find and click on the download link 🡇 for the latest firmware file for your model
- Save the zip file (RAR or 7z) to your computer
- Extract the file to obtain the IMG file
2. Prepare your SD Card
Take out the micro-SD card from your printer to format it and install the firmware files onto it.
- Turn off your printer
- Remove the micro-SD card from the back of printer
- Insert the SD Card into a card reader
- Insert the card reader into your computer's USB port
It is recommended to use a Class 10 Micro-SD card with a capacity of 32GB or 64GB.
3. Format the SD Card
Format your SD card to erase all data and create a blank slate for the new firmware. You can do this using third-party software.
- Download the software - SD Card Formatter and install it to your computer
- Open the software and select the drive of the SD card you want to format
- Choose Quick Format and click the Format button
- Wait for the formatting process to complete (it may take several minutes)
4. Flash the SD Card
Use a flashing tool such as Win32 Disk Imager on your computer to install the updated firmware onto the SD card.
- Download the software - Win32 Disk Imager and install it to your computer
- Open the software and select the IMG file you want to write onto the SD card
- Choose the drive letter of the SD card and click the Write button
- Wait for the flashing process to complete
After completing these steps, safely eject the SD card from your computer and reinsert it back into your printer. Then, power on Your printer and it should detect the latest firmware version.