The LED Chip-on-Board (COB) is an essential component in Sonic Mini 8K that projects UV light through the LCD to cure resin and create your 3D models. However, the LED may experience wear and tear over time and eventually become burnt out.
Replacing the LED is therefore necessary to ensure that the printer is functioning optimally and producing high-quality prints consistently. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of replacing the LED in your Sonic Mini 8K.
Removing the Old LED Chip-on-Board
- Turn off the printer and remove the UV cover, resin vat, and building plate
- Carefully lay down your printer
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case, and then open the case
- Gently unplug the LED connector and remove the bottom case
- Unscrew the black lens hood
- Unscrew the lens frame
- Unscrew the LED COB and detach the red & black wires from the LED driver board indicated in yellow mark below
Installation of the New LED Chip-on-Board
- Install a new LED chip-on-board onto the heat sink
- Reconnect the red and black wire pair on the LED driver board
- Install the LED lens onto the chip-on-board
- Attach the black lens hood onto the base cover
- Reinstall the bottom case
- Perform LCD test to ensure that the LED is functioning properly
Remember to handle the components with care during reinstallation and to tighten all screws and cables securely
Article is closed for comments.