The LCD screen is essential in resin 3D printing. An image of each layer is generated on the LCD while an array of LED chips project light through the LCD.
As the LCD is a consumable part, it may need to be replaced after a period of time. The following are the steps to changing the LCD:
For the LCD warranty, please click here to see our warranty policy.
Removing the Old LCD
- Remove the plastic case, resin vat and building plate.
- Select TOOLS > MANUAL >10mm until the T-plate lifts to the top.
- Important: Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable.
- Turn the printer upside down and remove the bottom cover.
- Unplug the LED module and unscrew the lens hood.
- Flip the latch and detach the LCD ribbon cable connecting to the mainboard.
Installation for new LCD
- Lay the new LCD in place and paste the electrical tape around the edge of LCD.
- Plug the LCD ribbon cable on the LCD and mainboard
- Plug the LED module and tighten the lens hood.
- Install the bottom cover back.
- Perform the built-in LCD test to ensure that the LCD works properly