The LCD screen is an essential component in resin 3D printing. It is responsible for generating an image of each layer while an array of LED chips project light through it to cure the resin.
As the LCD screen is a consumable part, it may need to be replaced after a period of use. When the LCD screen becomes damaged or worn out, it can result in lower print quality or failed prints. Therefore, replacing the LCD screen is necessary to ensure the continued performance and accuracy of your 3D printer.
To replace the LCD screen in your Sonic Mini 8K printer, watch our instructional video:
Removing the Old LCD
- Turn off the printer and remove the UV cover, building plate, and resin vat
- Carefully lay the printer down on a flat surface
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case, and then open the case
- Gently unplug the LED connector and remove the bottom case
- Open the cable clips and detach the LCD ribbon cable that connects to the mainboard
- Loosen the nut connecting the earthing wire
- Turn the printer upright
- Remove the tape around the LCD screen and carefully remove the LCD
Installing the New LCD
- Thread the LCD cable through the slot
- Reattach the cable on the LCD’s circuit board
- Place the new LCD in the position
- Paste the electrical tape around the edge of the new LCD
- Tighten the nut connecting the earthing wire
- Reconnect the LCD connector to the mainboard
- Reinstall the bottom case
Make sure that the lens hood does not press against the wires while closing the bottom case
- Perform the built-in LCD test to ensure that the LCD works properly
Note: Please recalibrate your Z Axis after replacing the LCD Screen your printer.