The mainboard can function as the brain of your 3D printer. It determines how various components such as the LCD, LED, motor, fans, and others operate. Over time, the mainboard may become faulty due to a variety of reasons, such as power surges, physical damage, or wear and tear. If your printer's mainboard is not working properly, you may need to replace it.
In this article, we'll walk you through the common steps to replace the mainboard in Sonic Mini 8K S. By following the following instructions carefully, you can get your printer up and run again in no time.
1. Removing the Old Mainboard
Remove the bottom case
- Turn off the printer and unplug it
- Remove the UV cover, resin vat, and building plate
- Carefully lay down your printer
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case and open it
- Unplug the LED connector and Fan connector, then remove the bottom case
Remove the old mainboard
- Disconnect all the cables connecting to the old mainboard (see the below picture)
- Loosen the 3 screws located at the 3 corners of the mainboard (see red circle in the above pic)
- Remove the old mainboard from the printer
Make sure to fold up the cable clip before removing the ribbon cables.
2. Installing the New Mainboard
Install the new mainboard
- Install the new mainboard and secure it the original place
- Reattach the all the cables and wires on the mainboard
- Reinstall the bottom case of the printer
- Turn the printer upright
Verify the new mainboard’s functionality
- Plug in the power cord and switch on the printer
- Perform a dry run test to check if the new mainboard functions properly
- Installation is done
By following the above instruction, you can easily replace the mainboard of your Sonic Mini 8K S printer. If you face any difficulties or problems, feel free to reach out to Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for further assistance. When contacting Phrozen support, kindly send some photos or videos illustrating the issue.