The LCD screen is essential in resin 3D printing. An image of each layer is generated on the LCD while an array of LED chips project light through the LCD. As the LCD is a consumable part, it may need to be replaced after a period of time.
Watch the instructional video - Sonic Mighty 8K - LCD replacement
The steps are as follows:-
Removing the Old LCD
- Lift the T-plate to the top, controlled by touch panel
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable
- Remove the plastic UV case, resin vat and building plate
- Remove the front cover
- Detach the touch panel ribbon cable and USB cable
- Loosen the nut connecting the earthing wire
- Flip the latch and detach the LCD ribbon cable connecting to the mainboard
- Remove the tape around the LCD screen
- Take the LCD screen out of the printer
Installation for new LCD
- Lay the new LCD in place and paste the electrical tape around the edge of LCD.
- Reattach the LCD ribbon cable on the LCD and mainboard
- Tighten the nut connecting the earthing wire
- Reattach the touch panel cable and USB cable
- Install the front cover back.
- Perform the built-in LCD test to ensure that the LCD works properly
Article is closed for comments.