If you notice that your printer’s LCD is dimming or not illuminating, it may be due to issues with the LEDs. This article will guide you through the process of checking your device's LED to check whether the LEDs are properly connected or have burned out
Visual check the LED array
A visual check of the LED array can help identify any faulty LEDs. Here are the steps:
- Turn on the printer and run the LCD test
- Check the LCD for any faulty LED
- Alternatively, if it's difficult to spot any faulty LEDs, remove the bottom case and place an A4 paper on the LED array. This will help to highlight any faulty LEDs more easily.
- Check the LED array for any flickering or LEDs not illuminating
DO NOT look directly at the UV light to prevent eye discomfort.
Reconnect the LED terminal block
If the LED on the Sonic Mini is not lighting up, check the connection of the LED terminal as it may be the cause of the issue. Here are some steps:
- Turn off the printer
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case and remove the case
- Find the green terminal block on the mainboard, which is used as the LED connector
- Unplug the LED connector
- Gently tug on the red and black wires for the LED connector
- If the wires have become disconnected from the terminal block, use a screwdriver to reattach them (see below yellow)
- Replug the LED connector back into place
- Reinstall the bottom case
- Run the LCD Test to check if the LED lights up
The above steps provide an easy way to check the LEDs on your device.