If you're experiencing issues with the touch panel on your Sonic Mini, such as unresponsiveness or erratic behavior, don't worry, there are some steps you can take to see if the issue is simply a loose or poorly connected. This can happen if the pins of the cable have become loose or shifted out of place.
In this guide, we'll walk you through the process of reseating the cable and updating the latest firmware to avoid common touch panel-related issues and keep your printer running smoothly.
Reconnect the touch panel cable
One of the first things to check is the touch panel ribbon cable, which may have become loose or disconnected over time.
- Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power source
- Carefully lay the printer down on a flat surface
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case, and then open the case
- Locate the ribbon cable clip on the mainboard
- To reseat the ribbon cable:-
- Open the cable clip on the mainboard
- Detach the ribbon cable
- Insert the cable all the way into the connector
- Once the cable is fully inserted, lock the cable clip to secure the cable in place
- Install the bottom case to the printer and ensure it is securely in place
- Turn on the printer to verify that the touch panel is working properly
Updating the Firmware
Reflashing the firmware can solve touch panel issues caused by outdated software conflicts
By doing so, you can make sure the printer's software is fully compatible with the touch panel, which can help to prevent issues such as unresponsiveness or erratic behavior.
- Download the latest firmware version for your Sonic Mini from Phrozen Help Center
- Format a USB to FAT32 and set the allocation to 2048 bytes ( USB 2.0 with 8GB or 16GB is suggested)
- Select a firmware file for your model from the table below, download and unzip the file
- Save all files in the root folder of the formatted USB
- Turn off your printer, then plug the USB drive into your printer
- Turn on the printer
- On the touch panel's homepage, tap PRINT
- Tap "2-ALFPGA_P202_CTB_TWP_STANDBY_NEW_2.CBD"
- Tap GO and wait for a progress bar to finish > CONFIRM
- Tap "update.TWP" > GO > CONFIRM
- Unplug the USB drive
To avoid potential damage to your printer, always ensure that you download and install the latest firmware version specifically designed for your model. Installing incorrect firmware may render the printer inoperable.
By following these steps, you can quickly and easily check the touch panel by ensuring a secure connection.