Z-axis calibration is essential for every 3D printer. You can run this test to make sure that the building plate is leveled to the LCD screen and models and prints will adhere to the building plate.
We will guide you through the steps of calibrating your Sonic Mini 8K LCD 3D printer by using a piece of A4 paper.
1. Z-axis Calibration
- Remove the UV cover, the resin vat and make sure to remove any objects present on the machine's platform
- Place a piece of A4 paper (roughly 0.07-0.10 mm thick) on the LCD screen
- Loosen the 4 screws on the sides of the building plate with a wrench and ensure that the plate is movable
Power up and perform Z-calibration
- Plug in the power cord and switch on the printer
- On the touch panel, tap TOOLS → Z CALIB → NEXT
- Wait for 1-2 minutes while the building plate extends and touches the A4 paper
- Make sure the building plate is snug against the paper
- Gradually tighten the 4 screws in a diagonal pattern while holding the building plate down
- Tug on all four corners of the A4 paper to check for pressure intensity
- Click “DONE” on the touch panel
- Wait for the build plate to retract completely, then remove the A4 paper from the LCD screen
- You are now ready to begin your 3D printing journey!
You can click here for a tutorial on printing out Phrozen's test file.
By following the above steps, you can easily recalibrate the z-axis of your Sonic Mini 8K. If any issues arise during the steps, reach out to Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for further assistance. When contacting Phrozen support, kindly send some photos or videos illustrating the issue.