LCD is a critical component of resin-based 3D printers. The LCD screen is responsible for displaying the layers of the 3D model that will be printed. The light from the LCD screen passes through a bottom layer of a resin vat, curing the resin in a precise pattern that matches the 3D model's shape.
To ensure that the Sonic Mini 8K S's LCD screen is working correctly, you can perform an LCD test. This test checks if the lighting and masking functions of the printer are working correctly. The following steps will guide you on how to run the test on your Sonic Mini 8K S.
DO NOT look directly at the UV light to prevent eye discomfort.
- On the touch panel, click on TOOLS > LCD TEST
- The rectangular image will appear on the touch panel and LCD screen
- Run this test to see if the image displayed on LCD matches the image on touch panel
- If the image shown on the LCD matches the one on the touch panel, it indicates that the LCD is functioning correctly. However, if there are any discrepancies, it may indicate that the UV lights or the Mono-LCD screen is not working correctly.
Performing an LCD test on your Sonic Mini 8K S is a simple and effective way to ensure that your device's LCD is working correctly. By performing this test, you can avoid any issues that may arise while printing.
If you encounter any issues with the LCD, please refer to [Sonic Mini 8K S] Checking the LCD
Performing a Dry Print
If you're experiencing issues with such as flickering or glitches, a dry print can be a helpful troubleshooting tool. A dry print is a test print that you run without placing the resin vat and building plate. This allows you to check whether the LCD is flickering or functioning correctly.
- Remove the resin vat and building plate from the printer
- Save a sliced file onto a USB drive and then plug it into the USB port on your printer
- Click on the file from touch panel to start the print
- Check the LCD screen to see if the image displayed on it matches the one on the touch panel
Performing a dry print can help you to identify any issues with the LCD and ensure that it is functioning correctly. If you notice any discrepancies between the image on the touch panel and the LCD screen, contact Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for assistance.
Article is closed for comments.