After correctly calibrating your Z-axis, it’s time for you to test out your first print with the Sonic Mini 4K! We have included a test file for you to test out the LCD 3D printer with Aqua-Gray 4K resin.
- As direct contact with resin may cause allergic reactions, it is advisable to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) masks, goggles, and gloves while printing.
Fill the Vat with Resin
- Fasten the resin vat and make sure to tighten the screws.
- Shake the Aqua-Gray 4K resin evenly for approximately 1 minute before pouring it into the resin vat.
- Ensure resin does not exceed half the height of the resin vat while pouring.
Transfer your File
- Download the Phrozen Rook .ctb file to your computer.
- Save the downloaded file onto your USB drive.
- Insert your USB drive into the USB portal located on the left side of the Sonic Mini 4K resin 3D printer.
- On the touch panel, click PRINT, and choose your .ctb file. The printing process will take approximately 2 hours.
1. Before every print session, make sure to check the resin vat for any cured resin and use the plastic scraper provided in the toolbox to stir the resin if needed. This will help ensure a successful print job.
2. Please take a moment to inspect the platform of the machine before starting a print job. If there is any clutter left behind, please remove it before beginning the print.
- Once the printing process is complete, the building plate will retract to the top. Wait until the resin has drained completely before proceeding to the next step: post-processing.
Once the printing process is complete, the building plate will retract to the top. Wait until the resin has drained completely before proceeding to the next step: post-processing.