If your Z-axis gets stuck in the resin vat during the printing process, and you hear the motor making a grinding noise, here are a few steps you can follow to resolve this issue:
- Turn off the resin 3D printer.
- Try to loosen the Z-rod by turning it manually with your hand.
- If it moves, turn on the 3D printer and raise the building plate manually by clicking on TOOLS and MANUAL.
- Remove the building plate and the resin vat. Then check to see if there is any cured resin on the FEP film.
- Remove any cured resin present on the FEP film, and your printer should be good to go.
If the 3D printer’s Z-rod does not move when using the TOOLS and MANUAL function, please lubricate the bearing sleeve before turning the Z-rod again. For more information, check out this post.