The LED is an essential component of Sonic Mini, as it provides the UV light to cure the resin and create your 3D models. However, the LED may experience wear and tear over time and eventually become burnt out.
Replacing the LED is therefore necessary to ensure that the printer is functioning optimally and producing high-quality prints consistently. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of replacing the LED in your Sonic Mini.
Removing the Old LED array
- Turn off the printer and remove the UV cover, building plate and resin vat
- Carefully lay the printer down on a flat surface
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case, and then open the case
- Gently unplug the green LED connector and remove the bottom case
- Loosen the 4 screws of the LED lens and set it aside
- Loosen the 4 screws of the LED frame and set it aside
- Loosen the 4 screws of the old LED array and take it out
Installing the New LED array
- To install a new LED array, use the 4 screws provided to secure it onto the bottom case
- Secure the LED frame to the 4 hex nuts
- Tighten the 4 screws of the LED lens
- Then the assembly for LED array is completed
- Attach the LED connector to the mainboard
- Secure the bottom case
- Perform LCD test to ensure that the LED is functioning properly
Remember to handle the components with care during reinstallation and to tighten all screws and cables securely
Article is closed for comments.