The LCD screen is an essential component in resin 3D printing. It is responsible for generating an image of each layer while an LED array project light through it to cure the resin.
As the LCD screen is a consumable part, it may need to be replaced after a period of use. When the LCD screen becomes damaged or worn out, it can result in lower print quality or failed prints. Therefore, replacing the LCD screen is necessary to ensure the continued performance and accuracy of your 3D printer.
To replace the LCD screen in your Sonic Mini 4K printer, watch our instructional video
Removing the Old LCD
- Turn off the printer and remove the UV cover, building plate and resin vat
- Carefully lay the printer down on a flat surface
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case, and then open the case
- Gently unplug the LED connector and remove the bottom case
- Push the clip on both side to unlock the cable and detach the LCD ribbon cable that connects to the mainboard
- Turn the printer upright
- Remove the tape around the LCD screen
- Carefully remove the LCD screen
Installing the New LCD
- Thread the LCD cable through the slot and place the new LCD in position
- Paste the tape around the edge of the new LCD
- Lay the printer down on a flat surface
- Reattach the cable to the LCD's adapter board and tape the board in place
- Reconnect the LED connector onto the mainboard
- Reinstall the bottom case
- Turn the printer upright and turn on the printer
- Perform the built-in LCD test to ensure that the LCD works properly
Article is closed for comments.