The mainboard is like the brain of your 3D printer. It determines how various components such as the LCD, LED, motor, fans, and others operate. This article will guide you through the process of replacing the mainboard.
Over time, the mainboard may become faulty due to a variety of reasons, such as power surges, physical damage, or wear and tear. If your printer's mainboard is not working properly, you may need to replace it.
In this article, we'll walk you through the steps to replace the mainboard in Sonic Mini 4K. By following these instructions carefully, you can get your printer up and running again in no time.
1. Remove old mainboard
- Turn off the printer and remove the plastic cover, building plate, and resin vat.
- Carefully lay the printer down on a flat surface.
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case, and then open the case.
- Detach the ① LED connector, ② Fan connector, ③ Motor connector linked to the mainboard.
- Detach the two ribbon cables connected to the ④ Touch panel (brown) and the ⑤ LCD control board (white).
Make sure to fold up the cable clip before removing the ribbon cables
Remove old mainboard
- Loosen the three screws ⑥ ⑦ ⑧ located at the corners of the mainboard.
- Remove the old mainboard.
2. Installing new mainboard
Secure new mainboard
- To install the new mainboard, ensure that the ⑨ USB port and ⑩ Power cable port are correctly positioned.
- Tighten the three screws ⑥ ⑦ ⑧ to secure the mainboard in place.
- Reattach the cables (① to ⑤) on the mainboard.
Closing the Bottom Case
- Install the bottom cover.
Verify the functionality of new mainboard
- Perform a dry run test to ensure that the mainboard is functioning properly.
Once you replace the mainboard, if the issue still persists please reach out to our customer support team for further assistance. When reaching out to us, please also provide us with photos/video of both the Motor Connections and a Mainboard.
By following the above instructions, you can install a new mainboard for your Sonic Mini 4K. If any issues arise during the steps, reach out to Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for further assistance. When contacting Phrozen support, kindly send some photos or videos illustrating the issue.