Is the LCD on your Sonic Mega 8K S acting up? Before considering a costly repair, it's worth checking the LCD ribbon cable to see if the issue is simply a loose or poorly connected. This can happen if the pins of the cable have become loose or shifted out of place.
In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to reconnect the cables to ensure a solid connection between the LCD and the mainboard. By following these instructions, you can avoid common LCD-related issues and keep your printer running smoothly.
Reconnect the LCD cable
Checking the LCD connections:
- Remove the building plate and resin vat
- Remove the 12 screws and open the front case
- Unplug the USB cable and touch panel cable to remove the front case.
- Loosen the 3 screws and take off the mainboard.
- Take the LCD cable and reconnect both ends, ensure a secure connection between the LCD and the mainboard.
- Take a photo of the connections for double-checking purposes.
- Reassemble the bottom case to the printer.
- Conduct the LCD test to see if the issue is improved
By following these steps, you can quickly and easily check the LCD screen by ensuring a secure connection. If the issue persists after attempting these steps, please contact Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for assistance.