Is the LCD on your Sonic Mighty 8K acting up? Before considering a costly repair, it's worth checking the LCD ribbon cable to see if the issue is simply a loose or poorly connected. This can happen if the pins of the cable have become loose or shifted out of place.
In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to reconnect the cables to ensure a solid connection between the LCD and the mainboard. By following these instructions, you can avoid common LCD-related issues and keep your printer running smoothly.
Reconnect the LCD cable
- Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power source
- Loosen the 4 screws on the front case, and then open the case
- Locate the LCD ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the mainboard
- To reseat the ribbon cable:-
- Open the cable clips on both the mainboard and the LCD
- Detach the ribbon cable from both ends
- Check if the pins on the ribbon cable are facing downwards, then fully insert the cable into the connector
- Once the cable is fully inserted, lock the cable clips to secure the cable in place
- Install the front case to the printer and ensure it is securely in place
- Turn on the printer and run an LCD test to verify that the LCD is working properly
By following these steps, you can quickly and easily check the LCD screen by ensuring a secure connection.
If the issue persists after attempting these steps, please contact Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for assistance.
Article is closed for comments.