Is the touch panel of your Sonic Mini 8K S behaving strangely? Has it become unresponsive, fully dark or white, etc? These abnormal behaviors can be resulted from a loose cable connection or outdated firmware version. Thus, before asking for external support or installing a new touch panel for your Sonic Mini 8K S, you can take some easy troubleshooting steps by yourself.
Do not worry because this article will provide you with a detailed and simple guide on how to reseat the touch panel cable as well as update the latest firmware. These steps may help to resolve the touch panel-related issues and your printer can get back to normal.
1. Reconnect the touch panel cable
Power Down and Prepare
- Turn off the printer and unplug it
- Place the printer on a flat surface
- Loosen the 4 screws on the bottom case and open it
Remove the LCD hood
- Loosen the 4 screws that hold the hood in place
- Remove the tape that secures the LCD cable
- Detach the hood from the device
Identify the touch panel cable
- Locate the the white ribbon cable connection the touch panel and the mainboard
Reseat the Touch Panel ribbon cable
- Open the cable clips on both the mainboard and the touch panel
- Detach the ribbon cable from both ends
- Check if the blue mark on the ribbon cable is facing upwards, then insert the cable all the way into the connectors
- Once the cable is fully inserted, lock the cable clips to secure the cable in place
Reassemble the printer
- Reinstall the LCD hood
- Put the bottom case back and tighten the 4 corner screws
Check the Touch Panel’s functionality
- Plug in the power cord and switch on the printer
- Verify if the touch panel is working properly
2. Updating firmware
Reflashing the latest firmware can solve touch panel issues caused by outdated software conflicts.
By doing so, you can make sure the printer's software is fully compatible with the touch panel, which can help to prevent issues such as unresponsiveness or erratic behavior.
Download the firmware to USB drive
- Download the latest firmware version for your Sonic Mini 8K S from Phrozen Help Center
- Format a USB drive using FAT32 with a 2048 bytes allocation unit size
- Unzip the downloaded 7z file
- Copy all unzipped files onto the root page of the USB drive
Upload the firmware to the printer
- Insert the USB drive into the printer and turn it on
- Printer will automatically update files
Complete the update
- Once the update is complete, unplug the USB drive and reboot the printer
- Check if the touch panel issue is resolved
To avoid potential damage to your printer, always ensure that you download and install the latest firmware version specifically designed for your model. Installing incorrect firmware may render the printer inoperable.
Once you complete the above examination, if the issue still persists please reach out to our customer support team for further assistance. In the meantime, please also provide us with photos of both the Touch Cable Connection and the Firmware version.
By following these steps, you can quickly and easily check if the touch panel issue still remains or can be resolved. If the problem persists, reach out to Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for further assistance.