Whenever you are getting a new 3D printer, whether it’s LCD or FDM, it’s always essential to start every new 3D printer with a test print which can help you first check the printer performance, and how different parameters would affect your printing results.
After you complete the initial setup process, your Sonic Mighty 8K will automatically guide you to perform your first test print. Each Sonic Mighty 8K printer is equipped with a sliced ready-to-print file of XP Finder, specifically sliced with Aqua-Gray 8K resin to ensure the highest quality. If you choose to use other resins, simply slice the XP Finder with other parameter settings suitable for your preferred resin.
This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to run the very first test print on your Sonic Mighty 8K.
- Prepare the USB with a ready-to-print sliced XP Finder
- Prepare printing tools and equipment (see photo below)
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) masks, goggles, and gloves
2. Printing the XP Finder
- Plug the USB into the front USB port
- Complete the initial setup process
- Press “Next”
- Install the resin vat (bottom screws of the resin vat should be perfectly aligned with the platform grooves and the screws on both sides are tightened)
- Shake the resin bottle thoroughly (for approximately 1 minute)
- Open the resin bottle
- Gently pour resin into the resin vat (not exceeding the “MAX” limit to avoid overfilling)
- Install the printer’s UV cover
- Press “PRINT”
- Wait for the printing session to finish
The touch panel screen on the 3D printer will show you the printing progress of your model along with the time required and its specifications. By tapping on the image, you can switch the view into the slice view to see the layer that was being printed.
- Remove the XP Finder model from the building plate
- Wash and cure the model properly to ensure it will be safe for handling
4. Other related references
- Knowing different types of Exposure Finder: Which exposure finder should I use?
- Learning how to read the XP Finder: How to dial in any resin?
- Learning more about post-processing: [Sonic Mighty 8K] Post-processing Guide
By following the above steps, you can quickly and easily run the first print on your Sonic Mighty 8K. If you face any difficulties or issues, feel free to reach out to Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for further assistance. When contacting Phrozen support, kindly send some photos or videos illustrating the issue.