Z-axis calibration is a essential step in the 3D printing process that ensures the building plate is level and at the correct distance from the LCD. This calibration is necessary for producing high-quality prints with accurate dimensions and smooth surfaces.
These are the steps required to calibrate your Sonic Mighty 8K:
- Remove UV cover and resin vat, ensure no objects on LCD
- Loosen all 4 screws on the building plate using an allen wrench, and verify that it is loose and movable
- On the touch panel, tap Tools > Z-axis Control > Z-CALIB button at the top left corner to begin the process
- Tap Next and place a piece of A4 paper on the LCD
- Wait 1-2 minutes for building plate to touch paper on the LCD
- Press down on both sides of building plate, ensure it is snug against paper
- Gradually tighten the 4 screws in a diagonal pattern while holding the building plate down
- Tap Done and wait for the building plate to retract
- Remove A4 paper after the plate retracts to begin your 3D printing journey!
Article is closed for comments.