Z-axis calibration is an essential step in achieving precise and accurate 3D prints with Sonic Mighty 8K. By properly leveling the building plate, you can ensure consistent printing results and avoid potential issues such as warping or adhesion failure. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to perform Z-axis calibration on your Sonic Mighty 8K with one A4 paper, so you can get the most out of your 3D printing experience.
1. Z-axis calibration
- Remove the UV cover, the resin vat and make sure to remove any objects present on the machine's platform
- Place a piece of A4 paper (roughly 0.07-0.10 mm thick) on the LCD screen
- Loosen the 4 screws on the sides of the building plate with a wrench and ensure that the plate is movable
Power up and perform Z-calibration
- Plug in the power cord and switch on the printer
- On the touch panel, tap Tools > Z-axis Control > Z-CALIB > NEXT
- Wait for 1-2 minutes while the building plate lowers and touches the A4 paper
- Press down on both sides of building plate, ensure it is snug against paper
- Gradually tighten the 4 screws in a diagonal pattern while holding the building plate down
- Tap Done and wait for the building plate to retract completely
- Remove the A4 paper from the LCD screen
You are now ready to begin your 3D printing journey!
By following the above steps, you can easily calibrate the z-axis. If any issues arise during the steps, reach out to Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for further assistance. When contacting Phrozen support, kindly send some photos or videos illustrating the issue.