How can you know the LCD screen on your Sonic Mighty 4K is acting up? If you notice that your LCD test or Dry print fails, there might be an issue with the LCD ribbon cable or/and the LCD screen.
Before seeking external support or deciding to buy a new piece of LCD screen, it’s worth making some attempts at checking the LCD ribbon cable to see if it is loose or poorly connected. This issue can happen if the cable pins have become loose or shifted out of place. In the meantime, you can also take a close look at the LCD ribbon cable to check if it has been damaged anywhere, especially near the two ends.
In this article, we will guide you through simple steps to reconnect the LCD ribbon cable, and also check the LCD condition. By taking these steps, we can examine the entire LCD condition to see if the issue was caused by loose connection or external damage.
1. Checking the LCD Cable
Power Down and Prepare
- Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power source
- Carefully lay the printer down on a flat surface
- Loosen the 6 screws on the bottom case, and then open the case
Identify the LCD ribbon cable connecting the LCD to the mainboard
- Locate the LCD Ribbon Cable
Check if the model number of LCD driver board is “TWP4K093"
Reseating the Ribbon Cable
- Open the cable clips on the mainboard, adapter board
- Detach the ribbon cable from both ends
- Check if the pins on the ribbon cable are facing downwards, then fully insert the cable into the connector
- Once the cable is fully inserted, lock the cable clips to secure the cable in place
Install the bottom case securely
- Tighten 4 corner screws on the bottom case.
Turn on the printer and run an LCD test to confirm proper functionality.
- Plug in the power cord and switch on the printer.
- On the touch panel, click TOOLS, then click LCD TEST.
- Check if the LCD is displaying normally.
2. Checking the LCD surface
During the printing process, an incident may occur that causes the LCD to crack irreversibly. To address this issue, it is essential to replace the LCD if any cracks are found.
- Remove the LCD Frame tape
- Check if there is any crack on the LCD
Once you complete the above examination, if the issue still persists please reach out to our customer support team for further assistance. In the meantime, please also provide us with photos of both the LCD Cable Connection and the LCD Screen Edge.
By following these steps, you can quickly and easily check if the LCD issue still remains or can be resolved. If the problem persists, reach out to Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for further assistance.