The LED is an essential component of Sonic 4K 2022, as it provides UV light to cure the resin and create your 3D models. However, the LED may experience wear and tear over time and eventually become burnt out.
Replacing the LED is therefore necessary to ensure that the printer is functioning optimally and producing high-quality prints consistently. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of replacing the LED in your Sonic 4K 2022.
Removing the Old LED array
- Turn off the printer and open the cover lid, then remove the building plate and resin vat
- Remove the rear case by loosening the 8 screws
- Remove the mainboard by loosening the 4 screws
- Loosen the 2 screws on the green terminal block (highlighted with a yellow mark below). Once loosened, disconnect the red & black wires
- Loosen the 6 screws on the front case, and then open it
- Open the cable clip and detach the touch panel cable. Put the front case aside
- Loosen the 6 screws of the LED lens and set it aside
- Loosen the 4 screws of the LED frame and set it aside
- Loosen the 5 screws of the old LED array and take it out
Installing the New LED array
- Connect the red & black wires from the new LED array on the terminal block (highlighted with a yellow mark below)
- Install the mainboard back to in place
- To install a new LED array, use the 5 screws provided to secure it onto the metal plate
- Secure the LED frame to the 4 hex nuts
- Secure the LED lens onto the LED frame
- Install the front case and rear case
- Perform LCD test to ensure that the LED is functioning properly
Remember to handle the components with care during reinstallation and to tighten all screws and cables securely
Article is closed for comments.