Z-axis calibration is an essential step in achieving precise and accurate 3D prints with Sonic 4K 2022. By properly leveling the building plate, you can ensure consistent printing results and avoid potential issues such as warping or adhesion failure. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to perform Z-axis calibration on your Sonic 4K 2022, so you can get the most out of your 3D printing experience.
- Open the cover lid and remove the resin vat, ensure no objects on LCD
- On the touch panel, click on Z-CALIB > set 1 mm for its distance > Z-axis Calibration icon
- Remove the resin vat, and ensure no objects on LCD
- Attach the building plate to the printer and tighten the thumbscrew to secure the building plate
- Loosen the 4 screws on the building plate using the included Allen wrench, and check if the plate is movable
- Place a piece of A4 paper on the LCD screen
- Click on NEXT and wait for 1-2 minutes as the building plate extends to the LCD screen
- Gradually tighten the 4 screws in a diagonal pattern while holding the building plate down
- Gently tug on four corners of the paper to check that the leveling of the plate is balanced. Proceed if it feels tight; redo the Z-axis calibration if not
- Click on DONE on the touch panel and wait for the building plate to retract
- Once the plate has retracted, remove the A4 paper
Article is closed for comments.