When encountering an issue, sometimes you may need to check the status of your LCD to ensure that it is functioning correctly. We will guide you through a number of methods you can use to check your LCD and how you can read the results:
DO NOT look directly into the light. Exposure to UV light may cause eye and/or skin injuries.
Performing the LCD Test
The LCD test checks to see if the lighting and the masking function are working correctly.
- On the touch panel, click TOOLS, then click LCD TEST.
- Three options may appear on the touch panel; choose the white rectangle with black sides.
- On the LCD, a bright blue square will appear.
- Run this test to see if the image shown on the LCD is the same as on the touch panel.
1. For Sonic Mega 8K / Sonic Mighty 4K / Sonic Mini 4K / Sonic 4K / Sonic Mini / Shuffle XL Lite, there will only be one option: a white rectangle with black sides.
2. For Shuffle 2018 series / Shuffle 2019 series / Shuffle 4K / Shuffle Lite / Sonic / Sonic XL 4K / Transform, there will be three options, a white rectangle with black sides, a grid, and a black rectangle.
Performing the Vat Cleaning Function
You could also run an additional Vat Cleaning test, which lights up the whole LCD. This ensures that the UV lights are distributed evenly and that there are no dead pixels on the LCD.
- Click TOOLS, then click VAT CLEANING.
- On the touch panel, a white rectangle will appear.
- The entire LCD should light up.
- Run this test to check to see if the UV lights are distributed evenly.
Performing a Dry Print
Sometimes issues such as flickering or glitches may still be difficult to identify after performing the above tests, this is why Dry Prints are helpful. A dry print is when you run a test print without placing the resin vat and the building plate. It is to check whether the LCD is flickering or not.
- Remove the resin vat and the building plate.
- Perform any test print of your choice.
- Inspect to see if the image shown on the LCD is the same as on the touch panel.