The mainboard is like the brain of your 3D printer. It determines how various components such as the LCD, LED, motor, fans, and others operate. This article will guide you through the process of replacing the mainboard.
Over time, the mainboard may become faulty due to a variety of reasons, such as power surges, physical damage, or wear and tear. If your printer's mainboard is not working properly, you may need to replace it.
In this article, we'll walk you through the steps to replace the mainboard in Sonic 4K 2022. By following these instructions carefully, you can get your printer up and running again in no time.
- Turn off the printer and open the cover lid, then remove the building plate and resin vat
- Remove the front case by loosening the 6 screws
- Detach all cables/ wires (see below orange circle Cable 1 to Cable 7) that are linked to the mainboard
For cables 6, 7, make sure to fold up / unlock the cable clip before removing the ribbon cables
- Loosen the 4 screws located at the corners of the mainboard (see yellow marks shown below)
- Remove the old mainboard
- Install the new mainboard and secure it in place
- Reattach all the cables and wires on the mainboard
- Install the front cover
- Perform a dry run test to ensure that the mainboard is functioning properly
Article is closed for comments.