The LCD screen is an essential component in resin 3D printing. It is responsible for generating an image of each layer while an LED array project light through it to cure the resin.
As the LCD screen is a consumable part, it may need to be replaced after a period of use. When the LCD screen becomes damaged or worn out, it can result in lower print quality or failed prints. Therefore, replacing the LCD screen is necessary to ensure the continued performance and accuracy of your 3D printer.
Removing the Old LCD
- Turn off the printer and open the cover lid, then remove the building plate and resin vat
- Loosen the 6 screws on the front case, and then open it
- Open the cable clip and detach the brown LCD ribbon cable
- Remove the LCD module by loosening the 4 screws
Installing the New LCD
- Thread the LCD cable through the slot
- Place the new LCD in position
- Paste the tape around the edge of the new LCD
- Reattach the cable to the green LCD's driver board
- Reinstall the front case
- Perform the built-in LCD test to ensure that the LCD works properly
Article is closed for comments.