The mainboard is like the brain of your 3D printer. It determines how various components such as the LCD, LED, motor, fans, and others operate. This article will guide you through the process of replacing the mainboard.
Over time, the mainboard may become faulty due to a variety of reasons, such as power surges, physical damage, or wear and tear. If your printer's mainboard is not working properly, you may need to replace it.
In this article, we'll walk you through the steps to replace the mainboard in Sonic XL 4K. By following these instructions carefully, you can get your printer up and running again in no time.
- Turn off the printer and open the cover lid, then remove the building plate and resin vat
- Remove the rear case by loosening the 8 screws
- Remove the mainboard by loosening the 4 screws
- Disconnect all cables/ wires (see below green circle Cable 1 to Cable 9) that are linked to the mainboard
Make sure to fold up the cable clip before removing the ribbon cables
- Remove the old mainboard
- Reattach all the cables and wires on the mainboard
- Install the new mainboard and secure it in place
- Install the rear case
- Perform a dry run test to ensure that the mainboard is functioning properly
Article is closed for comments.