If you notice that your printer’s LCD is dimming or not illuminating, it may be due to issues with the LEDs. This article will guide you through the process of checking your device's LED to check whether the LEDs are properly connected or have burned out
Visual check the LED array
A visual check of the LED array can help identify any faulty LEDs. Here are the steps:
- Turn on the printer and run LCD test
- Check the LCD for any faulty LED
- Alternatively, if it's difficult to spot any faulty LEDs, remove the front case by loosening the 8 screws
- Place an A4 paper on the LED array while running the LCD test. This will help to highlight any faulty LEDs more easily
- Take a picture of the LED array for any flickering or LEDs not illuminating
DO NOT look directly at the UV light to prevent eye discomfort.
Reconnect the LED terminal block
If the LED on the Sonic XL 4K is not lighting up, check the connection of the LED terminal as it may be the cause of the issue. Here are some steps:
- Turn off the printer
- Remove the rear case by loosening the 8 screws
- Remove the mainboard by loosening the 4 screws
- Find the green terminal block on the mainboard (highlighted with a yellow mark below), which is used as LED connector
- Gently tug on the red and black wires for the LED connector
- If the wires have become disconnected from the terminal block, use a screwdriver to reattach them (see below yellow)
- Reinstall the mainboard, rear case
- Run the LCD Test to check if the LED lights up
The above steps provide an easy way to check the LEDs on your device.
If the issue persists after attempting the steps, please contact Phrozen support or your authorized reseller for assistance.
Article is closed for comments.