The mainboard is like the brain of your 3D printer. It determines how various components such as the LCD, LED, motor, fans, and others operate. This article will guide you through the process of replacing the mainboard.
Over time, the mainboard may become faulty due to a variety of reasons, such as power surges, physical damage, or wear and tear. If your printer's mainboard is not working properly, you may need to replace it.
In this article, we'll walk you through the steps to replace the mainboard in Sonic Mighty 8K. By following these instructions carefully, you can get your printer up and running again in no time.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable
- Remove the front case by loosening the 4 screws
- Disconnect all cables/ wires (see below pic from Cable 1 to Cable 10) that are linked to the mainboard
To remove the glue from Cable 1, apply alcohol to soften it. Once the glue has been softened, the ribbon cable can be easily detached
- Loosen the four screws located at the corners of the mainboard.
- Remove the old mainboard
- Install the new mainboard and secure it in place.
- Reattach all the cables and connectors on the mainboard
- Install the front case
Article is closed for comments.