Welcome to this guide on replacing the Z-axis for Sonic Mighty 8K. The Z-axis is a critical component that enables the printer to move the building plate up and down, allowing for precise layering during the printing process. Over time, the Z-axis may become worn or damaged, leading to issues such as layer shifting or uneven prints.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to replace the Z-axis on your Sonic Mighty 8K, ensuring that your printer is operating at its best and producing high-quality prints.
To learn how to replace the Z-axis, watch the video:
Removing the Old Z-axis
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cable
- Remove the UV cover, building plate, and resin vat
- Remove the front case by loosening the 4 screws
- Disconnect the touch panel cable, sensor cable, LCD ribbon cable, and motor cable, and loosen the nut that connects the earthing wire.
- Loosen the 8 screws on the printer's platform and remove the top half of the printer
- Turn the Z-axis clockwise to raise the T-plate to the top
- Loosen the 2 screws on the platform that is attached to the motor
- Put the top half aside for Z-axis replacement
- Turn the Z-axis clockwise to remove it from the T-plate
- Loosen the 2 screws to take out the lead screw nut (see the below pic)
- Loosen the 2 screws that secure the shock absorber
Installing the New Z-axis
- Tighten the new shock absorber and secure the motor in place
- Tighten the 2 screws for the new lead screw nut
- Turn the new Z-axis counterclockwise to secure it onto the lead screw nut
- Put the top half platform onto the base and secure it in place by tightening the 8 screws
- Tighten the screws on the platform that is attached to the motor
- Connect the touch panel cable, sensor cable, LCD ribbon cable, and motor cable, and then tighten the nut that connects the earthing wire
- Reinstall the front case
- Turn on the printer and ensure that it is functioning properly
Article is closed for comments.