For Sonic Mini
Removing the old Z-axis:
- Remove the plastic cover, the vat, and the building plate.
- Select TOOLS > MANUAL > 10mm to raise the T-plate to a higher position.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable.
- Turn the printer upside down and remove the bottom cover.
- Remove the LED cable and motor cable from the mainboard.
- Remove the top black plastic cover by loosening the 2 screws.
7. Unscrew the T-plate by loosening the 8 screws.
8. Spin the Z-rod clockwise to lift and remove the T-plate.
9. Use a piece of tape to secure the Z-axis and to prevent the linear guides from falling off.
10. Lay the printer on its side.
11. Loosen the ➌, ➍ two screws on the platform.
12. Remove the Z-rod from the printer.
How to install the new Z-axis:
- Tighten the ➌, ➍ two screws and install the Z-rod back in place.
- Spin the Z-rod counterclockwise and install the T-plate back onto the Z-rod.
- Tighten the 8 screws on the T-plate
- Tighten the top black plastic cover.
- Reattach the LED cable and motor cable.
- Install the bottom cover back.
- Plug in the power cable, and turn on the printer.
Part 1: How to remove the old Z-axis
Step 1: Remove the plastic cover, the vat, and the building plate.
Step 2: Make sure the building plate on the Z-axis has retracted completely. If it hasn’t, click TOOLS, and then click MANUAL; click on 10mm several times to retract the building plate.
Step 3: Turn off the 3D printer and unplug the power cable.
Step 4: Flip the 3D printer and remove the bottom part of the printer with an m3 Allen wrench which is included in the toolbox.
Step 5: Remove the ➊ LED cable and ➌ motor cable from the mainboard.
Step 6: Remove the black screws on top of the Z-axis.
Step 7: Tape around the Z-axis and the Z-rod to prevent the linear guide from falling off.
DO NOT remove the linear guide from the rail as it may cause great damage to the Z-rod.
Step 8: Remove the ➏ ➐ two screws holding the T-plate.
Step 9: Turn the Z-rod clockwise and then remove the T-plate. Make sure to press your thumb against the bearing sleeve to prevent the springs from bouncing out.
Step 10: Lay it flat to prevent the Z-rod from dropping. Remove the four screws, then remove the Z-rod.
Part 2: How to install the new Z-axis:
Step 11: Place the Z-rod back in place and tighten the screws in a cross pattern order.
Step 12: Place the T-plate back onto the Z-rod. Make sure you’ve pressed your thumb against the bearing sleeve while turning the z-rod counterclockwise.
Step 13: Tighten the ➏ ➐ two screws holding the T-plate.
Step 14: Tighten the black screws that are present on top of the resin 3D printer.
Step 15: Reattach the ➊ LED cable and ➌ motor cable.
Step 16: Place the bottom back onto the 3D printer and tighten the screws.
Step 17: Turn the 3D printer upright. Plug in the power cable, and turn the 3D printer on.
Step 18: Perform the LCD test to ensure that the LCD is functioning properly.