The mainboard functions as the printer’s main operating system. It determines how the fan, the motor, and the LCD functions. In the following article, we’ll show you how to remove the old mainboard and install the new mainboard.
This guide will take you through the process of replacing Sonic Mini 8K's mainboard.
Removal of the Old Mainboard:
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable.
- Unplug all cables and wires, including ❶ LED cable, ❷ fan cable, ❸ blue USB, ❹ motor cable, ❺ LCD cable, ❻ touch panel cable, ❼ sensor cable
- Use Allen wrench to loosen the ❽ ❾ ❿ three screws on the mainboard.
- Remove the old mainboard.
Make sure to pull up the latch before removing the ribbon cables.
Installation of the New Mainboard:
- Place the new mainboard, and make sure the USB port and the power cable port are in place.
- Tighten the three screws to secure the mainboard.
- Plug in all the cables and wires.
- Plug in the power cable, and turn on the printer.
- Perform the LCD test to ensure that the LCD is functioning properly.