Is the LCD on your Transform acting up? Before considering a costly repair, it's worth checking the LCD ribbon cable to see if the issue is simply a loose or poorly connected. This can happen if the pins of the cable have become loose or shifted out of place.
In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to reconnect the LCD ribbon cable to ensure a solid connection between the LCD and the mainboard. By following these instructions, you can avoid common LCD-related issues and keep your printer running smoothly.
Reconnect the LCD cable
- Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power source
- Loosen the 8 screws on the front case, and then open it
- Locate the LCD ribbon cables that connect the LCD to the LCD driver board
- To reseat the ribbon cable:-
- Open the cable clip
- Detach the both ends of cable
- Fully insert the cable into the connector
- Lock the cable clips to secure the cable in place once it is fully inserted
- Install the front case to the printer and ensure it is securely in place
- Turn on the printer and run an LCD test to verify that the LCD is working properly
By following these steps, you can quickly and easily check the LCD screen by ensuring a secure connection.